Nine best apps to download on your Samsung Galaxy S3While you can always use the Samsung Galaxy S3 just to play Angry Birds, we’ve rounded up 9 more great apps that you’re sure to enjoy.
1. Pulse (Free)
The Pulse app curates your favorite websites into a colorful mosaic. Just tap on an article, and you will see a clean and elegant view of the story. Pulse has had a banner year with 7 million total subscribers and 250 publishing partners. It is also the only app that comes pre-loaded on the Android Samsung Galaxy S3 and expects to reach 10 million users by the holiday season.
2. Dictionary (Free) If you’re a total word nerd, Dictionary is a nice app that works even when you’re offline. Not only does the app give you the meaning of word, but it doubles as a Thesaurus. When you’re connected to the Internet you can enjoy the Word of the Day and access voice search. Feeling fancy? Change the app’s background image in settings. (N.B. The Samsung Galaxy S3 comes powered with a dictionary for easy lookup while you’re reading just like the standard e-reading Kindles before it).
3. Plants vs. Zombies ($1.49) Credit to Twilio’s Rob Spectre for turning me on to the game Plants vs. Zombies, one of the top-selling products from PopCap Games. I’ve never been much of a gamer; I think Angry Birds is meh. But when it comes to battling off a mob of zombies with an arsenal of 49 zombie-zapping plants, I’m hooked. The game requires you to use peashooters, wall-nuts, cherry bombs, and more to slow down, confuse, weaken and mulchify 26 types of zombies before they reach your front door.
“We’re excited to be bringing our massively popular games to Samsung Galaxy S3 ,” said Andrew Stein, Director of Mobile Product Management at PopCap Games. “Samsung Galaxy S3 is a great gaming device, and consumers will love the touch-screen optimized adaptations of top titles such as Plants vs. Zombies.”
4. Drawing Pad ($.99) The Drawing Pad app by Darren Murtha Design was recently optimized for the Samsung Galaxy S3 . It’s the #4 app on the Nook App store and #50 (out of 140,000) on the iPad. Essentially, the app turns your Samsung Galaxy S3 into a mobile art studio. Have fun with crayons, markers, paint brushes, colored pencils, stickers and roller pens. You can save your artwork to your album and reload it later to keep working on it. You can also share your artwork via email, Twitter or Facebook.
5. Fruit Ninja ($.99) My roommate once fell off a treadmill while playing Fruit Ninja on her iPad. True story. And the fruit slicing game is just as addicting and fun on the Samsung Galaxy S3 . Just watch out for the bombs.
6. Wikidroid (Free) Use this app to view all of Wikipedia’s entries in all Wikipedia languages. The app features text copying from articles, full-screen mode, quick language swap button and unobtrusive advertising. N.B. you’ll need an Internet connection to access the app.
7. Evernote (Free) If you’re an Evernote user, you have to download it on the Samsung Galaxy S3! I just fell a little bit more in love. Anyone with a less than perfect memory who uses a computer, smartphone or tablet can appreciate Evernote. Check out our feature story on The Future of Evernote.
8. Songza HD (Free) Songza is a sweet music app that’s even easier to use than Pandora. The app comes loaded with playlists for everything from lifting weights to barbequing to curing road rage to hosting a cocktail party and it’s outrageously easy to use. Songza announced a new Facebook integration at the recent f8 conference, and logging into the ‘Songza for Kindle’ app via your Facebook account will enable you to see and share the music you and your friends are listening to.
9. Netflix (Free) If you have a Netflix account, definitely download this free app, which lets you browse and instantly watch unlimited TV shows and movies. Fell asleep while watching a film? You can resume watching where you left off on your TV or computer. I highly recommend the television show Breaking Bad.
“We’re excited to team up with Samsung Galaxy S3 to give what we think will be a huge community of Samsung Galaxy S3 owners the opportunity experience all that Netflix has to offer,” said Bill Holmes, Vice President of Business Development at Netflix. “We’re certain that our members will have a great viewing experience on Samsung Galaxy S3 .”
Source : thenextweb